DCS Community Grants Program
Applications have now closed. Organisations will be advised of the outcome of their applications by Friday 29 April 2022.
Non-government organisations (NGOs) are invited to apply for grant funding of up to $50,000 through the Department for Correctional Services (DCS) Community Grants Program 2021 - 2022.
DCS aims to work with community organisations through the Community Grants Program to develop innovative, efficient and effective services and programs for both custodial and community-based settings that enhance rehabilitation and reintegration, and reduce reoffending.
The DCS Community Grants Program provides funding support to non-government organisations (NGOs) to deliver evidence-based and effective programs and services that:
- Reach priority offender cohorts
- Broaden the types of programs available to address service needs; and
- Create opportunities for offenders to engage in meaningful activities that assist them with maintaining pro-social lives.
DCS Community Grants provide once-off funding and are not intended to be a recurring funding source.
Applications must contribute to one or more of the following strategic priorities of DCS:
- Successful return to community - providing targeted programs to support the successful reintegration of offenders into the community
- Employment and industry - improving employment outcomes for prisoners and offenders
- Prioritising target cohorts - ensuring programs are targeted to groups to achieve the best results, including
- women offenders
- prisoners on short sentences
- individuals on remand
- offenders in community corrections
- Closing the Gap – ensuring targeted and culturally appropriate services and programs are developed and implemented to address the specific needs of Aboriginal offenders
How to apply
- Read the DCS Strategic Plan and 10by20 Response and Action Plan
- Read the Guidelines for DCS Community Grants
- Complete the 2021-22 DCS Community Grants Funding Application Form
- Submit Application via email to DCSSPPP@sa.gov.au by 5pm Monday 21 March 2022
Organisations will be advised of the outcome of their applications by Friday 29 April 2022.
If you have questions regarding the DCS Community Grants Program, eligibility of your project, or how to apply, please contact the Department for Correctional Services via email at DCSSPPP@sa.gov.au