The Employment Program
The Employment Program aims to support prisoners build their job-hunting skills and prepare for employment.
Prisoners may have gone a long time without needing to prepare a resume, cover letter or prepare for an interview.
Some prisoners who are preparing for release will need to start looking for work but are not sure what is required to apply for a position.
Departmental volunteers assist prisoners by providing support in the following areas:
- structure and format of resumes
- structure and format of cover letters
- different applications for different jobs
- preparing for interviews
- applying for employment
- being realistic with applications
- what to do if unsuccessful
- first impressions, and
- tips when employed.
Prisoners interested in this program can contact their case manager for details.