We contribute to public safety through the safe, secure and humane management of offenders and the provision of opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
Mission and vision
Our mission statement determines our direction and focuses our future goals. It aligns with our strategy plans, current projects and underpins our research.
To manage offenders in a safe, secure and humane environment and provide opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
A safer community by protecting the public and reducing reoffending.
The department recognises the vital contribution that stakeholders play in achieving our departmental outcomes.
We will continue to forge strong partnerships and work collaboratively with our stakeholders to achieve a safer community.
Our stakeholders include:
- the community
- the government
- the Parole Board and the courts and
- victims of crime
The department’s outcomes define the desired changes that will be achieved through the successful delivery of the key strategies.
Our work aligns with the following outcomes:
- Improved public protection
- Reduced reoffending
- Improved opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
- Safe, secure and humane environments
- Skilled, professional, resilient and valued workforce
- Safety, health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Improved outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander offenders
- Improved and targeted service delivery for women offenders
- Accountable and better public services Innovative, sustainable and cost effective services
The department's plans are also aligned with the South Australia’s Strategic Plan.
You can find out more details in our Strategic Plan and Strategic Plan Booklet.