The Education Program
We have a strong focus on providing basic education to prisoners and offenders.
Improved literacy and numeracy skills has been demonstrated to help reduce re-offending.
VTEC are our Registered Training Organisation and can deliver fully developed competency based training.
Volunteers with an education or tutoring background can:
- assist Education Coordinators and other staff to provide literacy and numeracy skills to prisoners and offenders
- support staff to provide a dynamic learning environment
- provide ‘One to One’ support in literacy, numeracy, English as a second language and computing skills
- help provide resources to support the curriculum
- proof read student work, and
- support the implementation of our education assessment tools if they have relevant qualifications.
Prisoners and offenders interested in this program can contact their case manager or their social worker if they have one.