Research and evaluation management committee [REMC]
The REMC is composed of a core group of DCS staff, stakeholders and key personnel with varied specialist knowledge. In cases where additional knowledge or skills are required to aid the decision-making process, the REMC will consult with relevant internal and external specialists as required.
The REMC aims to ensure that the applications received to conduct research within DCS are applicable to the Strategic and Business Plans and in accordance with legislative requirements. The REMC will also provide comments, advice and suggestions on any proposed research applications.
The REMC does not formally consider the human ethics perspective of research proposals; however, final approval to proceed is dependent upon evidence of approval by a recognised human research ethics committee (registered with the National Health Medical Research Council), for example, university ethics committees.
On approval of the research application, the REMC reviews and monitors the progress of approved research projects and receives and comments, where appropriate, on completed research.
Current REMC Members
- Natalie Boal – Director, Strategic Policy, Projects and Partnerships (Chair)
- Joanne McFarland – Principal Advisor, Women Offenders
- Gina Roberts – Acting Principal Advisor, Community Corrections
- John Strachan – Principal Advisor, Offender Services
- Gene Mercer – Team Leader, Program Services Unit
- Natasha Rose – Principal Policy Analyst, Attorney-General’s Department
- Professor Andrew Goldsmith – Strategic Professor in Criminal Justice, Matthew Flinders Distinguished Professor, Flinders University
- Mr Garth Dodd – Executive Officer, Council of Aboriginal Elders of South Australia
- Download: Research and Evaluation Agenda 2019-2022 (2.3 MB PDF)
- Download: Research and Evaluation Framework.pdf (759.4 KB PDF)
- Download: Research and Evaluation Management Committee TOR.pdf (448.1 KB PDF)
- Download: REMC Information Package for Applicants (201.2 KB PDF)
- Download: Appendix A - Expression of Interest Form (307.0 KB DOC)