Library Services Program
Our Prison Libraries are very important resources as prisoners are not allowed their own books in prison.
Each prison library has a prisoner librarians who manage the library’s services.
Volunteers help and provide additional support in:
- collection donations for books and magazines
- assessing the suitability of library materials in line with departmental policy
- distributing books and magazines to prisoners
- checking returned books for contraband, and
- transferring books and library resources between prisons.
Volunteers can also help assist with literacy skills and reading development of prisoners.
Prisoners interested in this program can contact their case manager for details.
Please read the Library Donation Management Guideline for more information about donations.