Buying and ordering from us
DCS places a high priority on ensuring prison industries benefit local industries and the South Australian economy.
When you enter into a business partnership with Prison Industries we require a Contractual Agreement be signed by both parties.
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions to for the life of the partnership along with requirements and responsibilities of both parties.
It also states the requirements and responsibilities of both parties.
Find out more about the Prison Industries Contractual Agreement.
- workers will not become employees of the company
- the department has absolute and sole responsibility of the direction, supervision, custody and control of the worker at all times
- the state is responsible the custody, care and control of workers and all inmates at each facility and
- the state is responsible for providing a safe working environment.
Businesses dealing with us do not have to worry about the safety or security of prisoners or the prison.
- you will provide the consumable materials
- you will be responsible for materials supplied and any equipment required their appropriateness, their safe condition and
- you will provide any and all necessary training to the workers.
It is your responsibility to provide safe materials and equipment and the skills to handle them.
These conditions are set out specifically in the Prison Industries Contractual Agreement.
Further information and contacting Prison Industries
We know that your requirements will be unique and that you will have many questions about how we can support you and your business.