The Education Program
We have a strong focus on providing basic education to prisoners and offenders.
Improved literacy and numeracy skills has been demonstrated to help reduce re-offending.
VTEC are our Registered Training Organisation and can deliver fully developed competency based training.
Volunteers with an education or tutoring background can:
- assist Education Coordinators and other staff to provide literacy and numeracy skills to prisoners and offenders
- support staff to provide a dynamic learning environment
- provide ‘One to One’ support in literacy, numeracy, English as a second language and computing skills
- help provide resources to support the curriculum
- proof read student work and
- support the implementation of our education assessment tools if they have relevant qualifications.
Prisoners interested in this program can contact their case manager for details.