Mission, Vision & Values
Correctional Services has an important role in the South Australian criminal justice system. This is reflected in the department’s mission, vision and values.
The department’s vision is for ‘a safer community by protecting the public and reducing re-offending.'
Our mission is to 'contribute to public safety through the safe, secure and humane management of offenders and the provision of opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration.’
- Honesty and Integrity
- Professionalism and Accountability
- Being Socially Responsible
- Ethical and Respectful Behaviours
- Equity, Diversity and Cultural Inclusion
- Courage and Tenacity
The Department for Correctional Services is committed to achieving identified outcomes for its stakeholders, including the community, the South Australian Government, Courts, Parole Board and victims of crime.
Key outcomes identified include:
- Improved public protection
- Reduced reoffending
- Improved opportunities for rehabilitation and reintegration
- Maintaining secure, safe and humane environments
- Skilled, professional and valued workforce
- Workplace health and safety
- Improved outcomes for Aboriginal offenders
- Improved and targeted service delivery to female offenders
- Accountable and responsible leadership and administration